Module 2 My New Teachers
发布时间： 2019-11-07 分类： 浏览次数:49次
1. Mr Li is strict ___ us _____ our studies.
A. in; with B. on; with C. with; in D. with; with
2. My grandfather is as _____ as a young man and hates sitting around doing nothing all day.
A. energetic B. patient C. nervous D. intelligent
3. Hearing the ______ story, she had an ______ look on the face.
A. amused; amusing B. amusing; amused
C. amusing; amusing D. amused; amused
4. My first impression ______ Mrs Zhang was that she was nervous and shy.
A. for B. on C. of D. by
5. I tried to avoid ____ him because he always bored me.
A. meeting B. to have met C. having D. be met
6. His works were not ____ until after his death.
A. appreciated B. moved C. appreciating D. appreciation
7. Sarah, hurry up. I’m afraid you can’t have time to _____ before the party.
A. get changed B. get change C. get changing D. get to change
8. ______ it is to have a cold drink on such a hot day!
A. What a fun B. How fun C. What fun D. How a fun
9. I recognized him _____ I saw him.
A. immediately B. immediate C. direct D. unless
10. ----What did you mean by saying that?
----- I mean no harm. I only ______.
A. meant helping B. want to help
B. meant to help D. want helping
11. I don’t think the characters are very true ___ life.
A. to B. of C. about D. in
12. InAmerica, students and teachers are quite ______ with each other.
A. relaxed B. relaxing C. relaxation D. relax
13. ---- I usually go there by train.
---- Why not __________ by boat for a change?
A. to try going B. trying to go C. to try and go D. try going
14. _____ two exams to worry about, I have to work really hard this weekend.
A. With B. Besides C. As for D. Because
15. ----You looked tired, Jane.
----- Yes. I ________ my uncle clean the house all the day.
A. have helped B. have been helping
C. was helping D. am helping
I remember vividly(清晰地) that first English class in the last term of high school. We boys (there were no girls in the school) were 1 expectantly for the new teacher to appear. 2 through the door came a tall ordinary-looking man 3 about 40. He said shyly, “Good afternoon, gentlemen.”
His 4 had a surprising tone (语调) of respect, almost as if he were addressing the Supreme Court (最高法院) 5 agroup of youngsters. He wrote his 6 on the blackboard –Wilmer T. Stone --- 7 sat on the front of his desk.
“Gentlemen,” he began, “we are now this 8 –your last – to continue your study of 9 . I know we shall 10 learning with and from one from another. We are going to learn 11 about journalism(新闻写作) and how to get out your weekly school paper. 12 , we are going to try to feel the 13 of good literature 14 some of us will really get interested in reading and writing. A man who reads lives 15 . A man who 16, walks the earth with a blindfold (蒙眼布,眼罩). If I has to put all my 17 into a single word, it would be browsed(广泛浏览).”
Mr Stone went on like that,18 ina friendly and understanding tone. The end of the class came 19 soon. And we boys had to leave the classroom 20 an unexpected feeling of excitement.
1. .A. waiting B. looking C. asking D. calling
2. A. Before B. After C. Long before D. Before long
3. A. for B. of C. at D. on
4. A. spirit (精神) B. voice C. appearance (外表) D. attitude
5. A. besides B. except C. instead D. instead of
6. A. address B. telephone C. name D. word
7. A. then B. but C. so D. only
8. A. month B. season C. year D. term
9. A. maths B. chemistry C. English D. physics .
10. A. begin B. enjoy C. practice D . suggest
11. A. something B. anything C. nothing D. All
12. A. Really B. Especially C. Possibly D. Truly
13. A. joy B. sorrow C. anger D. excitement
14. A. But B. Then C. Maybe D. Surely
15. A. life B. a life C. much life D. many live
16. A. does B. doesn’t C. must D. needn’t
17. A. praise B. trust C. advice D. promise
18. A. speaking B. spoke C. telling D. told
19. A. again B. just C. too much D. much too
20. A. on B. of C. with D. at